Good News Bible Book with Olive Wood Cover from Holy Land jerusalem (OW-BIB-004)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 16 cm x 11 cm x 5 cm / 6.3” x 4.33” x 1.97”
The Good News Bible, Catholic Edition, is a wonderful gift for friends and family. The Bible is the glorious and inspired Word of God. If there is somebody in your life who has recently come to Christ or somebody who needs a beautiful Bible, the Good News Bible is it. Each of our Bible’s comes with a hand crafted olive wood cover. Each cover is made with love by local Christian artisans who live and work in the Holy Land. Our craftsmen use their work to worship the Lord. Thus, each cover is delightfully made with love. If you want to put a smile on somebody’s face, and bring them the Word of God, this is the perfect way to do it.
• Hand carved from olive wood Holy land
• A gift that will become a treasured heirloom in your family.
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• Meaningful model assured to dazzle your friends
• Stunning art that will last for a lifetime
• Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity
• A great addition to your Holy Land set
• Comes with a Free Gift from the Holy land
Each of our olive wood carvings is hand selected and crafted with precision, making no 2 pieces of Holy Land olive wood the same. What makes our covers unique, is we use only the finest olive tree prunings, while keeping the actual olive tree protected.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating Christian items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Nativities - Wooden Kitchen Items - Bethlehem Olive Wood Gifts
Shipping and delivery:
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.
Pictures Of Our Customers With Beautiful Crafts: