Olive Wood Comunion Cups - 100 Pieces From Bethlehem Holy Land (Ow-Cup-002)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 4 cm x 0 cm x 0 cm / 1.57” x 0” x 0”
• Made from premium olive wood in Bethlehem, the Holy Land
• A gift that will become a treasured heirloom in your family.
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• Pictures do not do these pieces good. They are really masterpieces.
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Rosary Boxes - Olive Wood Jewelry - Hand Made Ceramic Gifts
Registered Mail -- this service will take approximately 14-21 days from the day you submit your order.
Express Mail -- this service will take approximately 5-10 days from the day you submit your order.
Wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.