Small Olive Tree Bark Christmas Wood Nativity Made In Jerusalem (OW-NAT-014)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm x 12 cm / 6.89” x 4.92” x 4.72”
• Grade-A dried olive wood is used
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Certificate of Origin included
• A great addition to your Holy Land collection
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Each of our olive wood carvings is hand selected and crafted with precision, making no 2 pieces of Holy Land olive wood the same. What makes our covers unique, is we use only the finest olive tree prunings, while keeping the actual olive tree protected.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating Christian items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Rosary Boxes - Hand Made Olive Wood Rosaries - Mother of Pearl Crafts
Shipping and delivery:
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.