Mother’s day is approaching quickly and all daddy’s and kiddo’s know that life wouldn’t be the same without momma. It is wonderful to have a fabulous Christian family unit, and those of us who have that are extremely blessed. Let’s face it, mom’s role in keeping things on track at the family level is extremely important. We all have wonderful places in our family unit and we are all blessed to have Jesus at the helm. Show mom how much you appreciate her and how thankful you are that Jesus brought you all together in harmony with these fun ideas.
Fun and Affordable Mother’s Day Ideas
- Make mom breakfast in bed and serve it to her with a flower in a vase from the garden (or your local store). Mom doesn’t expect a 3 course meal. We would be thrilled with a bowl of cereal, OJ, coffee or tea, and a few strawberries or grapes. It is the thought that counts and this is a great way for the little ones to help and do something special for mommy.
- Psssst… Dad, don’t forget to clean up the kitchen when you are done. Breakfast in bed is much nicer when mom doesn’t walk into a messy kitchen.
- Pick a Bible Verse about mothers to share with the momma in your household. You could also write her a poem, help the children make her a card, or spend a few minutes doing a family devotional together.
- Pray as a family by the bedside in the morning, and be sure that each person thanks Jesus for something special they appreciate about mom.
- Put together today’s version of a “gift tape” by loading a bunch of her favorite songs on her iPod, phone, or mp3 player.
- Set up a scavenger hunt for the entire family to participate in and make mom little “gift coupons” to find along the way. Some ideas of gift coupons she can cash in throughout the year are (keep in mind, you know mommy best – make some coupons you know your mommy/wife will love):
- Daddy makes dinner tonight.
- Daddy gets up with the children and lets mommy sleep in.
- Child helps mommy by cleaning his/her room.
- Somebody else vacuums or cleans something this week.
- Somebody else does the laundry (including folding and putting away) this week.
- Daddy does the grocery shopping this week.
- Mommy gets a free day on the weekend to go out and spoil herself while daddy cares for the kids.
- Mommy gets a free evening to relax with her favorite beverage and read a book, take a nice bath, or do something else she loves while daddy cares for the kids and gets them to bed. (Daddy, this includes feeding them, getting homework done, getting them to and from evening activities if applicable, bathing them if necessary, and getting them to bed).
- Mommy gets to cash in on lots of hugs and smooches.
- Mommy’s choice for a fun family weekend activity.
- Pack a picnic, including a blanket and cupcakes or a yummy treat, and take mommy “out for lunch.”
- Let daddy make dinner tonight and get the kids off to bed, after spending a little bit of time in the afternoon and early evening playing mom’s favorite games or watching mom’s favorite movie.
- Let mom relax with a good book or whatever she loves while daddy gets the kids off to bed.
- Pick up a special little gift or token of your love from zuluf.com
Mom’s are usually the glue that holds the family unit together. We are usually the one’s that multitask well and make sure that everybody has what they need to make life go on smoothly and well each and every day. Mom’s are a special part of the family unit. We love to care for our families and nurturing is part of our joy and bliss. We do like to get nurtured from time to time, as well. Mom really enjoys knowing she is loved and appreciated. Show her this Mother’s Day by planning a unique and fun experience for her. It doesn’t have to cost a dime as long as it comes from the heart!
If you would like to get mom a special gift to say, “I love you and Jesus blessed us with you,” we are happy to help. Visit our Christian online store and pick out the perfect gift for mom. Then use this coupon code for a 15% discount on one item for mom.
Coupon Code: mommalove15
Make sure that the magnificent woman in your life knows how much she is loved this year! You have been blessed, now make sure she knows that you truly feel blessed!
To all the momma’s out there, ~HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY~