Summertime is a time for growth by nature. Everything is reborn or renewed in the spring and growth starts and lasts throughout the summer. Growth is not only for plants though. People also experience seasons of growth. One such way to grow throughout the summer is to grow in relationship with Christ.
Many people tend to surround themselves with things of the world. This seems to happen fairly naturally because we are inundated from minute to minute with the small tasks and challenges of life. However, it is possible to step away from all of that and truly take the time to be with, listen to, and grow in relationship with Christ. Considering that summer is the time of birth and growth for just about everything on the Earth, wouldn’t it make sense that it is a great time for growth in relationship with Jesus Christ, as well.
Take Some Time To Relax And Just Be
Everybody likes to take time and spend it with Jesus. Although most of us have specific ways we prefer to do it. Perhaps, taking time in the summer to spend it with Jesus is a great way to really take in the awe and wonder of the creations our Creator has made. Personally, I love to take prayer walks in the summer. There is nothing better than walking along, talking with Jesus, and taking in the beauty and magnificence that surrounds me. There really is something spectacular about taking a few minutes to smell the fabulous fragrances of the flowers.
Just as the baby animals grow and the plants get bigger and bloom more, we can do the same within ourselves. There is definitely a natural cycle to things. Seasons are part of this natural cycle and summer is the time of growth during the cycle. Thus, it is logical to spend some time on personal growth and oneness with the Lord during this time.
A Few Ideas For Spending Some Time In The Summer With The Lord
1. Take a prayer walk and enjoy the sights and sounds
2. Enjoy a prayer ride on a bike, roller blades, Segway, or other vehicle with wheels
3. Enjoy time reading your Bible, devotions, or prayer book under your favorite tree
4. Take a jog with your favorite Christian music
5. Join a summer Christian group or sports team
6. Spend some time sitting under the stars and praying
7. Spend a weekend camping and hiking with Jesus
8. Grab a canoe or a kayak and spend some time boating and talking to the Lord
9. Sit in silence and meditation and listen to the Earth around you
10. Spend some time helping those in need and give back in Jesus’ name
There are many wonderful ways to spend time in the glory and bliss of Jesus. Take in some of the natural beauty that surrounds us and find time to spend with the Lord throughout the summer. You will truly be amazed when you spend time with Jesus during the season of birth and growth.