Olive Wood Black Cover Orthodox Russian Bible New from Holy Land (OW-BIB-001)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 17 cm x 11.5 cm x 4.5 cm / 6.69” x 4.53” x 1.77”
If you are looking for a magnificent and glorious Bible to give as a gift or add to your family library, you will adore the Russian Bible with Olive Cover. This splendid hand-crafted Bible is made by local artisans residing in the Holy Land. Each of our artists is Christian and they view their work as an awesome way to can worship God. If you are searching for a unique and beautiful gift for a wedding, ordination, graduation, confirmation, First Communion, Christening, or birth, you found it. Check out this awesome Bible today. You will not be disappointed.
• Made from premium olive wood in Bethlehem, the Holy Land
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Beautiful art that will last for a lifetime
• Certificate of Authenticity included
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating spiritual items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Holy Land Bibles - Olive Wood Cups - Hand Made Ceramic Gifts
When ordering this item from the Holy land your item usually ships on the same or next business day, International shipping from jerusalem usually takes from 2 to 3 weeks with Israel Air mail, comes with a free Insurance and tracking. If you are ordering this item by EMS Express Shipping, expect 5 to 10 days, also comes with free insurance and tracking.
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.