Hand Made Bell Olive Wood Grotto Christian Israeli Gift (OW-NAT-026)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 13 cm x 11.5 cm x 7 cm / 5.12” x 4.53” x 2.76”
• Made from premium olive wood in Bethlehem, the Holy Land
• This stunning Christian item is an remarkable christian gift idea.
• Our beautiful olive wood handicrafts are carved in the Shepherds field Street workshops.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Certificate of Authenticity included
• Ideal for home or office.
• Comes with a free Olive Wood Gift from Holy land
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating Christian items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Christian Fridge Magnets - Collection of Christian Gifts - Bethlehem Olive Wood Gifts
Registered Mail -- this service will take approximately 14-21 days from the day you submit your order.
Express Mail -- this service will take approximately 5-10 days from the day you submit your order.
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.
Pictures Of Our Customers With Beautiful Crafts: