Medium Christian Jesus Handmade Olive Wood Cross With Soil (Ow-Crs-005)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 25 cm x 15 cm x 0 cm / 9.84” x 5.91” x 0”
If you are a Christian, then it is only natural that you will want to display your belief by having a cross in your home. One of the most wonderful products you can buy for that purpose is the elegant and handcrafted 25 cm tall Jesus Cross with Soil available from Zuluf. This cross was made by the hands of Christian artisans from olive wood in the Holy Land, and it even is embellished with a capsule containing soil from the ground near Bethlehem. It is a piece that will be handed down to future generations. However, it is also a perfect gift to give to loved ones or close friends who share your faith.
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Beautiful artwork that will last for a lifetime
• Certificate of Origin included
• A great addition to your Holy Land collection
• A free gift will come with each olive wood item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Pendants - Collection of Christian Gifts - Hand Made Ceramic Gifts
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.