Small Christian Handmade Jesus Wooden Wall Hanging Cross With Soil (Ow-Crs-007)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 16 cm x 11 cm x 0 cm / 6.3” x 4.33” x 0”
The cross is one of the most common symbols of Christianity and if you are looking for the right addition to your home or a gift for fellow Christians, then the charming 16 cm tall Jesus Cross with Soil is just what you need. This handmade cross was carved from the finest olive wood in the Holy Land by Christian artisans and comes with a sample of real soil taken from the land near Bethlehem. The word Jesus is expertly carved into the cross and it is sure to become a family treasure.
• Uniquely hand carved by artists in Bethlehem.
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity
• Ideal for home or office.
• Comes with a Free Gift from the Holy land
Our wood crafts commemorate the greatest , most loving Divine act of all time and eternity, Our olive wood items from the Jerusalem are often ideal gifts for all Religious occasions, Each of these olive wood carvings are unique. No two pieces of Holy Land olive wood are the same and each item is hand carved. This wood handicraft is also carved from olive tree prunings and no Holyland olive trees are destroyed in the process.
most of our earnings go to local Christian families that have been creating Christian items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Christian Fridge Magnets - Hand Made Olive Wood Rosaries - Holy Land Silver Gifts
Registered Mail -- this service will take approximately 14-21 days from the day you submit your order.
Express Mail -- this service will take approximately 5-10 days from the day you submit your order.
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.