Wall Hanging Wood Cross Olivewood Dove Holy Land Gift Cross (Ow-Crs-020)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 16 cm x 10 cm x 0 cm / 6.3” x 3.94” x 0”
The 16cm Dove Cross from Zuluf is an affordable and charming piece that was entirely hand carved by Christian artisans in the Holy Land. It is made only from the highest quality olive wood, which gives it a natural beauty that will last for years to come. The dove on the cross symbolizes, among other things, peace and affection. These are qualities that every Christian will appreciate. Purchase one for yourself and some as gifts to give away to others you know. It is sure to become a favorite and will make a great addition to any home.
• Our wooden christian handicrafts are handcrafted by christian artisans in Jerusalem
• This stunning Religious product is an memorable religious gift idea.
• Meaningful model assured to dazzle your friends
• A great addition to your holyland collection
• A free gift will come with each olive wood item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Our olive wood crafts commemorate the greatest , most loving Divine act of all time and eternity, Our wooden items from the Holyland are often fantastic gifts for all Religious occasions, Each of these olive wood carvings are unique. No 2 pieces of holyland olive wood are the same and each item is hand carved. This wooden handicraft is also carved from olive tree prunings and no Jerusalem olive trees are destroyed in the process.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Pendants - Wooden Kitchen Items - Holy Land Silver Gifts
Shipping and delivery:
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.