20cm Large Cetlic Cross On Stand Holy Land Olive Wood Israel Gift (Ow-Crs-028)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 20 cm x 10 cm x 0 cm / 7.87” x 3.94” x 0”
The 20 cm Celtic Cross On Stand, which is exclusively available from Zuluf, is an affordable and charming cross. It is unique due to its symbolism, as well as the fact that it was handcrafted from the finest olive wood by Christian artisans who live and work in the Holy Land. The cross is stunning to look at with its natural beauty and details. It is a good idea to purchase more than one, because it is sure to please you and make a great addition to your own collection and it is a wonderful gift for any occasion.
• Our wooden christian crafts are hand made by artisans in Holyland
• This amazing Christian item is an memorable christian gift idea.
• Meaningful design guaranteed to impress your friends
• Certificate of Origin included
• Ideal for home or office.
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Christian Holy Land Gifts - Olive Wood Ornaments - Mother of Pearl Crafts
When ordering this item from the Holy land your item usually ships on the same or next business day, International shipping from jerusalem usually takes from 2 to 3 weeks with Israel Air mail, comes with a free Insurance and tracking. If you are ordering this item by EMS Express Shipping, expect 5 to 10 days, also comes with free insurance and tracking.
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.