Wall Hanging Olive Wood Orthodox Wall Cross With Crucifix Gift (Ow-Crs-032)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 33 cm x 21 cm x 0 cm / 12.99” x 8.27” x 0”
For Christians, particularly those belonging to the Orthodox sector, this wall cross is one that should be put on display. It is hand carved by Christian artisans who made sure that no detail was overlooked. This Orthodox wall cross is carved from the finest olive wood found in the Holy Land and a crucifix of the Saviour embellishes it. The attention paid to detail by the artisans would make this cross a cherished gift for yourself or friends and family as we approach the Christmas season. However, it is also great to give for any occasion. With its impressive height of 33 cm and the fair price of $42.00, it should not be passed up. Everyone who makes the choice to buy this treasure will enjoy their Orthodox cross for years to come.
• Uniquely hand carved by artists in Bethlehem.
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• Thoughtful model assured to impress your friends
• Certificate of Authenticity included
• Comes with a free Olive Wood Gift from Holy land
Each of our olive wood carvings is hand selected and crafted with precision, making no 2 pieces of Holy Land olive wood the same. What makes our covers unique, is we use only the finest olive tree prunings, while keeping the actual olive tree protected.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Statues & Figures - Olive Wood Jewelry - Bethlehem Olive Wood Gifts
Registered Mail -- this service will take approximately 14-21 days from the day you submit your order.
Express Mail -- this service will take approximately 5-10 days from the day you submit your order.
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.