Wall Orthodox Cross With Holy Land Items Christian Religious Gift (Ow-Crs-034)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 29 cm x 15.5 cm x 0 cm / 11.42” x 6.1” x 0”
If you are looking for a unique and decorate cross to hand up in your home, then look no further than the 22cm Wall Orthodox Cross With Elements. This handmade olive wood cross is beautifully carved and embellished with decorative ornamental pieces that depict the elements, as well as a figure of Jesus. The cross comes from the Holy Land and is only available from Zuluf. Besides being a great gift for yourself, it is also a present that will be cherished by friends and family. It is a work of art that will bring joy to any home it is hanging in for years to come.
• A gift that will become a treasured heirloom in your family.
• Our beautiful wooden items are carved in the Shepherds field Street workshops.
• Pictures do not do these pieces good. They are really masterpieces.
• Stunning art that will last for a lifetime
• Send it now to a friend or a loved one - Raise Their Spirit.
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Our olive wood crafts commemorate the greatest , most loving Divine act of all time and eternity, Our wood items from the Jerusalem are often ideal gifts for all Christian occasions, Each of these olive wood carvings are unique. No two pieces of Holy Land olive wood are the same and each item is hand carved. This wooden handicraft is also carved from olive tree prunings and no Bethlehem olive trees are destroyed in the process.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating spiritual items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Statues & Figures - Hand Made Olive Wood Rosaries - Mother of Pearl Crafts
Shipping and delivery:
When ordering this item from the Holy land your item usually ships on the same or next business day, International shipping from jerusalem usually takes from 2 to 3 weeks with Israel Air mail, comes with a free Insurance and tracking. If you are ordering this item by EMS Express Shipping, expect 5 to 10 days, also comes with free insurance and tracking.
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.
Pictures Of Our Customers With Beautiful Crafts: