20cm Catholic Olive Wood Cross With Crucifix On Stand Israel Gift (Ow-Crs-040)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 20 cm x 11 cm x 0 cm / 7.87” x 4.33” x 0”
The 20cm Catholic Olive Wood Cross With Crucifix On Stand, which is available only from the online shop Zuluf, is something that every Christian will be proud to own. This handcrafted cross is made of solid olive wood and is completely carved by talented Christian artisans in the Holy Land. In addition, it is adorned by a figure of Jesus at is Crucifixion and capsules representing the elements on each of the corners of the cross. The beauty and symbolism of this cross ensures that will be cherished for many years. It is not only a great item to treat yourself to, but it also makes the perfect gift for friends and family.
• Uniquely hand carved by artists in Bethlehem.
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Certificate of Authenticity included
• Comes with a free Olive Wood Gift from Holy land
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
most of our earnings go to local Christian families that have been creating religious items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Olive Wood Statues & Figures - Collection of Christian Gifts - Bethlehem Olive Wood Gifts
Registered Mail -- this service will take approximately 14-21 days from the day you submit your order.
Express Mail -- this service will take approximately 5-10 days from the day you submit your order.
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.
Pictures Of Our Customers With Beautiful Crafts: