30cm Large Catholic Olive Wood Wall Cross With Crucifix Religious (Ow-Crs-041)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 30 cm x 18 cm x 0 cm / 11.81” x 7.09” x 0”
If you want an impressive addition to your home, then the 30cm Catholic Olive Wood Cross With Crucifix from Zuluf is right for you! This beautiful, hand carved cross is made from the finest olive wood and decorated with ornamental objects symbolizing the Crucifixion and elements. The Christian artisans who hand craft each of these crosses obviously take their work seriously and that shows by the quality of the craftsmanship. It is a piece that will bring many years of pleasure before it is passed on to then next generation. It also makes a wonderful gift to give anyone important to you on religious holidays, birthdays and even special occasions like weddings or housewarming parties.
• A gift that will become a treasured heirloom in your family.
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Certificate of Authenticity included
• Comes with a free Olive Wood Gift from Holy land
Olive Wood is a beautiful material that is mentioned time and again in the Bible. Out of great Biblical reverence, olive trees in holy land are not permitted to be cut down. All items are made from pruned branches which keeps the trees healthy.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Wooden Candle Holders - Olive Wood Cups - Holy Land Silver Gifts
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.