Huge Wall Hanging Wood Cross 80cm Very Rare Vintage Church Gift (Ow-Crs-055)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 80 cm x 80 cm x 0 cm / 31.5” x 31.5” x 0”
The 80cm Large Wall Jerusalem Cross Our Father Prayer With Many Carvings And Holy Land Items from Zuluf is probably one of the most impressive crosses you will ever see. It is not only stunning due to its size, but also because of the intricate carvings found on it. The cross was entirely hand carved in the Holy Land by Christian artisans from the best olive wood available. The prayer is carved into the cross, and around it are embellishments that only add to the incredible beauty. This Jerusalem Cross will make a great statement in your home and add to the décor. You will not regret making this purchase, and it can also be given as an especially meaningful gift to a fellow loved one who is proud to be a Christian.
• This stunning Religious product is an memorable religious gift idea.
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Beautiful artwork that will last for a lifetime
• Certificate of Origin included
• A great addition to your Holy Land collection
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Our olive wood crafts commemorate the greatest , most loving Divine act of all time and eternity, Our wooden items from the Holy Land are often fantastic gifts for all Christian occasions, Each of these wooden carvings are unique. No two pieces of Holy Land olive wood are the same and each item is hand carved. This wood handicraft is also carved from olive tree prunings and no Holy Land olive trees are destroyed in the process.
You can take pride when you purchase our crafts as we take portions of your total, to help local Christian families here put food and bread on the table.
You Might also be Interested in:
Holy Land Bibles - Collection of Christian Gifts - Mother of Pearl Crafts
Our shipping service is worldwide and being sent via Israel Air Mail Service. We ship all orders within 48 hours (except Saturdays & Holidays)
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.