Angels Musical Nativity Set Scene With Faceless Figures (OW-NAT-019)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 24.5 cm x 30 cm x 15.5 cm / 9.65” x 11.81” x 6.1”
• Hand carved from olive wood Holy land
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• Hand carved by local christian families in Bethlehem
• These pieces are one of kind in everything and you are assured quality and work by top Artists of Bethlehem.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Certificate of Origin included
• Send it now to a friend or a loved one - Raise Their Spirit.
• A free gift will come with each item purchased, our way of saying thanks
Our wood items commemorate the greatest , most loving Divine act of all time and eternity, Our olive wood crafts from the Holyland are often perfect gifts for all Religious occasions, Each of these olive wood carvings are unique. No 2 pieces of Holy Land olive wood are the same and each item is hand carved. This olive wood handicraft is also carved from olive tree prunings and no Holy Land olive trees are destroyed in the process.
most of our earnings go to local Christian families that have been creating Christian items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Hand Made Religious Crosses - Olive Wood Jewelry - Holy Land Silver Gifts
When ordering this item from the Holy land your item usually ships on the same or next business day, International shipping from jerusalem usually takes from 2 to 3 weeks with Israel Air mail, comes with a free Insurance and tracking. If you are ordering this item by EMS Express Shipping, expect 5 to 10 days, also comes with free insurance and tracking.
Wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.