Hand Carved Nativity Set Scene With Bark Roof Made In Bethlehem (OW-NAT-022)Dimensions (Height X Width X Length) : 17.5 cm x 22.5 cm x 10.5 cm / 6.89” x 8.86” x 4.13”
• Made from premium olive wood in Bethlehem, the Holy Land
• Own Your Own Original Holy Land Keepsake
• hand carved at our Shepherds Field street workshops in Bethlehem
• Pictures do not do these pieces good. They are really masterpieces.
• Bring beauty and a Holy atmosphere into your home.
• Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity
• Comes with a Free Gift from the Holy land
Each of our olive wood carvings is hand selected and crafted with precision, making no 2 pieces of Holy Land olive wood the same. What makes our covers unique, is we use only the finest olive tree prunings, while keeping the actual olive tree protected.
most of our profits go to local Christian families that have been creating spiritual items for many generations. For most, this is the only possible source of income.
You Might also be Interested in:
Holy Land Bibles - Olive Wood Jewelry - Hand Made Ceramic Gifts
When ordering this item from the Holy land your item usually ships on the same or next business day, International shipping from jerusalem usually takes from 2 to 3 weeks with Israel Air mail, comes with a free Insurance and tracking. If you are ordering this item by EMS Express Shipping, expect 5 to 10 days, also comes with free insurance and tracking.
Olive wood Carving Process:
Green row olive wood comes in short branches and logs. After sealing its ends with wax; it is then sorted according to its different diameters and stored in a cool warehouse for at least six to twelve months to reduce its high water content (65 %) thus stabilizing its color. In order to produce good quality olive wood carvings several processing phases have to be accurately followed:
1. First carving phase, the wood is sawn into blocks according to the size of sculptures to be produced and then it is kiln dried.
2. Second phase, after these blocks are roughed by means of a pantograph to eliminate excessive wood, they are covered with dry sawdust during a period of 3 to 6 months so that oil is absorbed by the sawdust.
3. Third phase, this is the most important phase where fine details are patiently hand carved, sanded and decorated by skilful artisans. It’s interesting to know that because these details are carved from memory; no two pieces are exactly identical.
4. Fourth phase, finishing is a time and effort consuming process; long hours are invested in inspecting each piece to eliminate any imperfections before it is sprayed with transparent sealant to protect it from weather variations and highlight its natural color.
5. Fifth phase, prior to packing, every item passes a strict quality control. Special care is given to items designated for export.